I've always have a US visa since I was a kid. I'm lucky that I was granted multiple entry through drop box. But that is no longer allowed. The last one was granted ten years ago and it recently expired. I am now preparing necessary documents for my first US visa interview ever and it's a long shot.
Non-immigrant Visa Application entails the following process:
- Fill-up DS-160 online.
- Online Visa Application Form is mandatory effective May 24, 2010.
- Attach a 2"x2" digital photo on the DS-160. You can find the Photo guidelines here and test your photo here.
- After completing your DS-160 online, you may set an appointment through the call center or online through visapoint.
- $10 is charged to my credit card for opting for registering with visapoint. Only one registration is required for a family of five living in the same address. Groups of 5 or more traveling for the same purpose can also use the Standard Group option.
- With visapoint, you can readily see the available dates and time of appointment. Appointment can be changed upto three times.
- After completing the registration, appointment, and applicant information print the Machine Readable Visa Application; the barcode must be readable.
- Pay applicable visa fees through Banco de Oro and Citibank together with a copy of:
- the Machine Readable Visa Application
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
- Appointment Confirmation Receipt
Effective June 4, 2010, the fees are as follows:
$140 – B1/B2, C1/D, F, J, and all other NIV categories not listed below (Visitor/Transit/Student) $150 - H, L, O, P, Q, and R (Temporary Worker) $350 – K (Fiancée) $390 - E (Investor/Trader)
- The bank will issue two copies of bill payment slip.
- Attach the blue copy (embassy copy) to the DS-160 and submit it during the interview.
- Be at the embassy an hour before the scheduled interview.
- Present the following documents for USA visa interview:
- DS-160 with blue copy of bill payment slip
- Machine Readable Confirmation Page
- Appointment Confirmation Page
- Passport with 6 months validity from intended date of departure
- NSO Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate
- Additional documentary requirements may be necessary for different visa type.
- For tourism, applicant must show evidence of financial status and ties in the Philippines.
I'm flying to Manila a few weeks from now for my scheduled interview, wish me luck!